August 19, 2021 – An arrest has been made of the suspect wanted for the attempted sexual assault that occurred in the 2100 block of Pressler Street on August 6, 2021. The suspect remains in custody at the Harris County Jail where he is being interviewed by UT Police investigators.
We continue to encourage our community to be vigilant at all times, on or off our campus. If you see any suspicious persons or vehicles, contact UT Police immediately at (713) 792-2890.
UT Police offers virtual General Campus Safety classes most Wednesdays and upon request. Register through our Campus Safety webpage or contact email@example.com.
Participate in your safety
- Be aware of your surroundings and the people around you – especially if you are alone or it is dark. Avoid using headphones, cellphones or other mobile devices while walking, driving or jogging.
- There is safety in numbers; use walkways that are heavily traveled. When facing a safety concern, call UT Police to request an escort to get you safely to your vehicle.
- If someone in a vehicle stops and asks for directions, answer from a distance. Do not approach the vehicle.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave right away.
- If you see any suspicious persons or vehicles, contact UT Police immediately at 713-792-2890.