For more than 20 years, The University of Texas Police at Houston has organized the annual Children’s Gift Drive benefiting pediatric patients at various hospitals and clinics associated with The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston including the Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, CE Odom Pediatric and Adolescent Health Clinic and the Harris County Psychiatric Center. The gift drive kicks off this year on November 18 and will last through to December 16.
Donation boxes may be found at the following locations:
- Cizik School of Nursing – Lobby, 6th Floor
- Institute of Molecular Medicine – Lobby Elevator, 3rd Floor Elevators
- McGovern Medical School – LRC Lobby, Main Lobby, Administrative Offices
- Physical Plant Police Building – Roll Call Room, Office of the Chief, the Risk Operations Center
- Recreation Center – Entrance
- Reuel A. Stallones Building, School of Public Health – Lobby, Administrative Office
- School of Dentistry – SOD6152, SOD5330
- University Center Tower – Suite 700, Suite 1540, Suite 1800, Suite 1920, Suite 2355 A, Suite 2440S
- UT Professional Building – 11th Floor
UT Police is thankful for the support from the community, each year helping us to successfully provide gifts for hundreds of families. Holiday gifts communicate that kids and families are cared for and an important part of the community.
Suggested Gift Items:
- Infants and toddlers: Crib mirrors, crib activity centers, coloring books, crayons, puzzles, board games, play dough, rattles, booties, blankets, crib toys, music boxes, squeeze toys, balls and books
- Preschool (2-5 years): Board Games (Candy Land, Memory, Chutes & Ladders), dolls, cars, stuffed animals, puzzles, books, musical and talking toys, and coloring books
- School age (6-12 years): Magna Doodle, Lego, card games, action figures, electronic games, puzzles, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, board games (Checkers, Sorry, Monopoly, etc.), watches, books and jewelry
- Adolescents: Grooming items, wallets, jewelry, watches, diaries, puzzles, stationery, card games, board games, books, music/CDs, crafts, socks, T-shirt and model kits, and electronic games
For questions about this year’s gift drive, please contact UT Police, Community Outreach at UTPHOutreach@mdanderson.org or (713) 563-7794.