Severe Weather Resources
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown! DO NOT DRIVE through high water and DO NOT DRIVE AROUND BARRICADES! Just 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- DO NOT WALK through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down.
- Floodwaters can carry debris, pollution, sharp objects and nasty critters. Keep children out of floodwaters, wash hands thoroughly, and disinfect or throw out items that have come in contact with floodwaters.
- Whether your yard got a little wet or your house has water inside, be SMART about cleaning up the mess: Wear gloves and dispose of items that cannot be thoroughly cleaned.
- Mosquitoes will start breeding in standing water. Dump/clean out containers with water (birdbaths, buckets, toys, pet bowls) to prevent mosquitoes from breeding. More info at Harris County Public Health.
If you have damage to your property:
- Ensure your safety and security, get to a shelter if needed.
- Call you insurance provider and report your loss. Take photographs. Secure your property.
- Locate your county resources below and contact them with damage estimate or any needs.
- Provide information to FEMA to generate a claim. Their website has resource information and an interactive website that will provide you information based on your responses.
Find Your Local Office of Emergency Management
Travel Conditions - more information on county specific pages
Road Conditions: DriveTexas.org
DPS Stranded Motorist Hotline: 800-525-5555
Bayou Levels: Harris County Flood Warning System
Public Transportation to the Texas Medical Center
- METRO - Visit METRO for continuing information regarding service status.
- Fort Bend County - Public Transportation - For status on service, call 281-633-7433 or 713-965-1711.
- Woodlands Express
- Research Forest Park & Ride 936-273-6100
- Sawdust Park & Ride 281-363-0882
Houston-Galveston Area Council
Texas Department of Transportation
- Gas Leak – Call 911 and 713-659-2111 or 888-876-5786
- Electricity Outage – Call 713-207-2222 or check outages online
- Gas Outage – Call 800-752-8036